Where to apply?

You may apply for a visa at the French consulate if:

- You are a resident in Malaysia: you must hold a Malaysian employment pass, dependent pass, PR, student pass, etc. If you are holding a tourist visa you must apply in your country of residence.

- France is your only destination.
France is your main destination: your trip includes several Schengen states and France will be the country where you are going to spend most of the time of your trip.
France is the country of your first entry into the Schengen area AND the duration of your stay is equal in each country you are going to visit.

If France is not your main destination or if your trip doesn’t include France, the visa application must be lodged at the Embassy/Consulate of the Member State whose territory constitute your main destination.

- You must hold a valid and recognized passport/travel document.
Your passport/travel document must have been issued less than 10 years ago (first issuance), have a minimum 2 blank pages and have at least 3 months validity after the intended date of departure from the Schengen area or the end of validity of your visa.

Latest modification 04/07/2017

top of the page