What type of visa?
Visas are divided into two categories:
short stay (<90 days)
long stay (>90 days)
- The presentation of all documents to the visa section does not guarantee the issuance of visa.
- It is essential that you carry with you the documents that enabled you to get your visa.
- The visa does not guarantee entry into the French or Schengen territory.
In addition to a valid passport with a visa (except for exempted nationals), every foreigner, when entering France, should be in a position to produce to the Immigration Officer the following documents:
- Motive of stay in France (for tourism: hotel reservation, documents from a travel agency ; for a professional visit: letter from the employer, invitation from a French firm or organization ; for a private visit: "attestation d’accueil" delivered by the ’’mairie’’)
- Means of living: cash, traveller’s cheques, international valid credit card...
- Guaranties of return: return ticket...
A Schengen visa does not allow entrance into a French overseas territory.