Poste à pouvoir : Assistante - Service de Coopération et d’Action Culturelle [en]
Position : Assistant – Cooperation and Cultural Affairs
Vacancy : from 27 November 2017
Fulltime, 38,5h/week – Monday to Friday
Service : Cooperation and Cultural Affairs (SCAC)
Supervision : Cooperation and Cultural Counsellor
The incumbent is in charge of giving support to the Cooperation and Cultural Counsellor and attachés on liaising with Malaysian authorities, institutions and partners ; on providing follow-up to Cooperation and Cultural Counsellor on SCAC related projects ; on assisting SCAC Dpt. with secretarial related tasks and welcoming guests and visitors.
Main tasks & missions
Under the direct supervision of the Cooperation and Cultural Counsellor, the Assistant :
- Liaises with Malaysian authorities and partners : setting up meetings, invitations, assemble the documentation required for censorship application for films festivals ; coordinating visa application for artists attending festivals and other cultural events in Malaysia…
- Assists the Cooperation and Cultural Counsellor to follow-up and monitor several ongoing projects : participate in these projects meeting preparation, organise the logistics
- Updates SCAC Dpt. database contact list, in particular for the preparation of invitation lists for the French National Day, French Festival, French Language Week…
- Is the correspondent for the Regional Audio-visual Attaché
- Provides administrative/secretarial support for SCAC Dpt. : draft official letters and verify translations, participate in SCAC Dpt. meetings, and welcome guests and visitors
- Higher education diploma, degree or certificate
- Bilingual in Bahasa Melayu + English (French would be appreciated)
- Minimum one year of experience in programming or events management, or in a position involving considerable writing on cultural themes in an academic, cultural organization
- MS Office Word, Excel, some database familiarity. Must have good writing skills.
Tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are neither exhaustive nor definitive and may be modified in the light of changes in the organization of the Embassy.
* * *
Application and supporting documents (cover letter + comprehensive curriculum vitae indicating education level, work experiences, current and expected salary) must be sent to :
== Applications without position title “Assistant - SCAC” in the Subject of the e-mail will not be accepted==
== Only applicants who are selected for the interview will be contacted ==