Job Vacancy: Assistant - Cooperation and Cultural Affairs Dpt. [fr]
Position: Assistant – Cultural Affairs
Service: Co-operation and Cultural Affairs (SCAC)
Supervision: Cultural Counsellor
Vacancy: 2 January 2019 - Fulltime - 38,5 hours per week - Monday to Friday
Assist the Cultural Counsellor and the attachés with all contacts dealing with the Malaysian authorities and partners. Assure the follow-up of cultural files undertaken by the Cultural Counsellor. In-charge of welcoming the SCAC visitors. Maintains the secretariat of the department.
Main tasks & missions
Under the responsibility of the Cultural Counsellor, the assistant
1. Maintains the contacts with the Malaysian authorities and Malaysian partners. (Meetings, invitations, submission of films for censorship, visa application, etc)
2. Ensures the follow-up of cultural projects undertaken by the Cultural Counsellor.
3. Participates to preparation meetings of these projects.
4. Organizes the logistics.
5. Keeps the database contact of the SCAC, particularly the preparation of invitation lists for the 14 of July, French Festival, French Language Week.
6. Participates to the organisation of « Goût de France / Good France » promoting French gastronomy in Malaysia
7. Maintains the follow-up of the Cultural Counsellor and the department.
8. Ensures the welcoming of the SCAC visitors.
9. Formats the official letters and verifies translations.
10. Participates to department meetings.
Masters in Business Studies
French ( BI Level), Fluent in English and Bahasa Malaysia
Computer skills and office applications
Disciplined and punctual
Knows to work in a team
People to people skills
Tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are neither exhaustive nor definitive and may be modified in the light of changes in the organization of the Embassy.
* * *
Application and supporting documents (cover letter + comprehensive curriculum vitae indicating education level, work experiences, current and expected salary) must be sent to:
== Applications without position title “Assistant - SCAC” in the Subject of the e-mail will not be accepted==
== Only applicants who are selected for the interview will be contacted ==